Saturday, September 7, 2013

Our Summer re-cap (late... I know)

 
 
This blog post is late in coming, I know. School started weeks ago and now we are on to thinking about Halloween! I can't keep up. 2 reasons for this... first, my internet connection was having trouble. We finally got that fixed and then my laptop was put to better use by my husband, which brings me to my second excuse... Bruce started his own law practice! So he commandeered my laptop for work and I rarely get it to myself anymore. It's Saturday so it's relatively free right now, though the kids keep asking me when they can have a turn. Anyway, check out my husbands new website HERE and be sure and send work his way! We are super excited and optimistic about this new phase in life, but we need all the help we can get! :)
 

So besides the regular trips to the museum, parks, swimming pools, and ice cream there were a few highlights that I think we'll remember most from is summer.  The kids had their first lemonade stand. For some reason I was feeling generous that Saturday morning and told them to go ahead with their plan to have the stand and if they made enough money I'd take them to the theater to see a movie. They made enough and then some! We headed out that afternoon to see Despicable Me 2.
 


My parents moved this summer, building a smaller, one level home. It's beautiful inside and the lack of stairs will be nice as they get older. I'm going to miss their big back yard for awhile though, until they get the new one put in.
 


We took one of the biggest hikes we've done with the kids to the Timpanogos Cave. The kids thought it was pretty cool and hiked all the way to the top with (almost) no complaining.
 


Remember last year when I shared my ideas and printables for our annual Harry Potter birthday party? I had done that for a few years and the kids loved it but I decided to shake things up a little and do a Hobbit party instead. Yes we can get a little geeky over here. In fact we had an awesome time at Salt Lake City Comic Con last night! I'll share these few pictures with you but I fully intend to make this a full blog post with all my ideas and printables... next time I get my hands on the computer.
 


This year we discovered a pretty little reservoir just a few miles from our home and spent a lot of time there. It's been there for awhile now, I just didn't know about it. I think we spent more time here this year than at the water park. The kids loved playing in the sand more than anything.
 
 
And our last and biggest adventure this year... Girl Scout Camp! I had a blast with my girls! Of course memories are always better than real life and it was a lot of work too. I got a terrible headache one day, there were spiders in my bed, and I hardly slept but I went with good friends and a great bunch of girls. We will definitely go back next year.




My favorite thing about this summer was just spending time with my kids before they all left for school. I had a nightmare last night about driving on snowy roads and I woke up with dread. Luckily it looks like it's going to be a beautifully warm fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment