Thursday, September 13, 2012

My favorite recipes: Cupcake!


 
Oh my, is this cupcake good! I was trying to think of a few good names for it... "Chocolate Dream", "Lick the Bowl", "You Can't Stop At Just 5", "Resistance Is Futile". They all fit because that is how I feel about this cupcake recipe. I dream of this cupcake, I had my head in the cream cheese frosting bowl when I was finished, I really did eat 5 before I decided I better stop (even though I didn't want to) and I can not resist these cupcakes! 
 
I've been really good and lost a few pounds lately (like 10 to be exact!) and I felt I deserved a reward. I can only make these for special occasions because I really want to eat them all. They're great to make for parties because I get one and that's it, the rest get eaten and I don't make myself sick. Luckily I have 3 little kids and a hubby so they are going pretty quickly.
 
 
My Favorite Cupcake
 
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 pkg, instant chocolate pudding
1 cup sour cream
4 large eggs
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 package mini chocolate chips
 
Mix together in a large bowl. Fill cupcake liners 1/2 to 3/4 full (I usually do 1/2). Cook cupcakes at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
 
 
Cream Cheese Frosting (THE BEST PART!)
 
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
3 to 4 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
 
Cream together the cream cheese and butter. Mix in the vanilla. Gradually stir in the powdered sugar until it's the right consistency, I like mine nice and thick!
 
So now that I have successfully fallen of the wagon for the past few days and eaten way to many of these cupcakes, it's time to hop back on the scale tomorrow and see what the damage is. I think I'll send the rest off with my poor husband to work tomorrow and let him to try to resist their deliciousness.
 


1 comment:

  1. I stumbled on your blog from pinterest-- about how to make pajamas. But it was so cute I kept reading. These sound heavenly! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete