Monday, October 10, 2011

A Decade of the Boy


This adorable little baby boy turned 10 yesterday...


I have to say that not only am I incredibly proud of him, but I am also a little proud of myself. I've survived 10 years of motherhood. It's not as easy as some think.

Not only is he alive and well, but he's smart, gets good grades, loves to read, is legitimately funny, and is happy, friendly and caring.



In celebration of his birthday he wanted to go to Lagoon (Utah's answer to Disneyland, though us Californians think it falls a bit short of the mark). We had a lot of fun as a family and tried really hard to forget how much it cost us to get in.

We had a small party with both sets of grandparents Sunday night. I got creative and made him a Lego cake.



The past 10 years have flown by. The next 10 will hold puberty, the teenage years, high school, driving, dating, and the beginning of a Mormon mission. Now that I know how fast 10 years can seem to a mother, I plan to enjoy every moment of them.


Like my Lego cake? I got the idea HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment