Monday, August 8, 2011

The Family Reunion Dress



Can I put pictures of a wrinkly dress on my blog? I know a few bloggers who would think not, but frankly I want nothing more than true to life on this blog. P LOVES this dress and wore it all day. I suppose I could get it off her tonight, iron it up and take some more "professional looking" pictures of it, but with the joys of summertime and the kids home from school...I just don't have the time or energy.

And I think she looks beautiful in it.



The style of the dress and the weight of the fabric is prefect for summer. It's like muslin with adorable little poodles and dots that looked "stamped" on to the fabric.



I dug through my button jar and chose mismatched buttons for the back. I thought it looked cute that way and saved me a few dollars (and a trip to the store with all 3 kids... priceless!)



The pattern is The Family Reunion Dress by Oliver + S. I was so thankful to have found this Family Reunion Dress sew along! There was a couple spots in the pattern that had me stumped, but the pictures and extra discriptions helped me out a bunch.

1 comment:

  1. Good job! I loved sewing for my girls. Now I have enjoyed sewing for my Grand daughters but I have never tried any of the patterns that you used. Simply darling! Loved the different buttons on the back.

    ReplyDelete