Sunday, May 15, 2011

International Quilt Market Spring 2011



I mentioned last week how I had got my hands on a ticket to International Quilt Market, another perk of working in a quilt store. I was able to find some time this weekend (not nearly enough time) and browse my way through all the many designers' booths containing all their newest patterns and fabric, most of which have not hit stores yet. It was fantastic!

My favorite was the Michael Miller booths. They went all out and I fell in love with every thing I saw! Above is a picture of new designer Sarah Jane's booth. You can get a sneak peak of her first fabric line HERE. My manager at Pine Needles introduced me to her blog just a couple weeks ago, I suppose after working with me for 4 years she's gotten to know my style and knew I would LOVE it.

Another favorite booth was Sandi Henderson's. I love everything she comes out with but this looks like it could be the best so far. Her booth was gorgous, and though I didn't get a picture :( you can check out a sneak peak of her newest fabric, Secret Garden, HERE (UPDATE: Scroll down to bottom of post for picture!)



Here is a picture of Fig Trees booth...


And a couple shots of Riley Blake...



I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted. Not sure if that was because I was so overwhelmed or too intimidated. But it was a wonderful experience and now all there is to do is watch and wait for all this beautiful fabric to hit the stores, definitely the hard part!

UPDATE:
Here's the perfect picture (that I was not able to get) of Sandi Henderson's booth I was telling you about. I stole this pic from UCreate, go check out her blog post of Market, she also has some fantastic pictures of another favorite, Thimble Blossoms!

No comments:

Post a Comment